Description of problem:
The registration form for Zanata has input validation, i.e. restricts to lowercase letters and digits. The Account Details management form does not, and allows the saving of any characters as part of the username.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click menu More, then Register
2. Enter user+++== in the username field
3. Note the error displayed
4. Log in as an administrator
5. Select menu More, Administration, Manage Users
6. Click Edit on a user
7. Enter user+++== in the username field
8. No validation message
9. Click Save
10. user+++== is saved
Username is accepted, bad characters and all
It appears that the user cannot log in with this username, changing it back to something acceptable works again.
Unintended feature, bug is deemed duplicate of 978618.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 978618 ***