Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 987805
htop core dump when change 'detailed cpu time'
Last modified: 2014-05-08 23:02:10 EDT
Created attachment 777643 [details]
htop log on console
Description of problem:
htop is dumping core, when I change setup (F2) for CPU.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
It is happend allways.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run htop
2. enter in to setup (press F2)
3. from 'Available meters' select 'CPUs (1&2/2)' (press F5 or F6)
4. change display from 'bar' to 'text' for 'CPUs (1&2/2)' (press enter)
5. go to 'Display options' and turn on 'Detailed CPU time (System/IO-Wait/Hard-IRQ/Soft-IRQ/Steal/Guest)'
6. now turn it off
7. you got core dumped
core dumped. htop stop working. I have to run it again.
htop won't core dump
I attached logs from console (not all, because I can't scroll them, after htop exits).
thanks for your bug report. I informed htop developer about this crash and provided additional problem analysis.
Issue was fixed in master git branch
We must wait for the official release now.
*** Bug 987815 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
htop-1.0.3-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
htop-1.0.3-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing htop-1.0.3-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
htop-1.0.3-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
htop-1.0.3-1.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.