Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 988719
Rebrand AS 7 plugin per AS/EAP changes
Last modified: 2013-09-05 06:28:20 EDT
Created attachment 778704 [details]
Example SQL script that shows how renaming of existing assets may work.
Due to naming changes for the app server formerly known as as7, we need to follow up with that in the plugin.
- the AS7 plugin *jar* name will remain as it is today, so that plugin updates will work.
- The *plugin name* will be changed to something which is independent of any version of EAP or JBAS, e.g. AppServer2012. Any new plugin supporting EAP and JBAS in the future would need a similar independent name.
- All current resource *type* names which reference "AS7" explicitly would be renamed to remove that reference and replace it with one which is independent of any version of EAP or JBAS, e.g. "Standalone App Server".
- JBAS related *resource* names would be updated, to remove references to "AS7" and replace them with references to "WildFly".
- Customers would be required to update any external resources, e.g. CLI scripts, which referred to the old plugin, resource type or resource names
Created attachment 789884 [details]
Prototype for the installer to check for missing plugins
The Prototype* patch checks for
JDG, GateIn and RHQServer plugin being recorded in the DB and then also present in the rhq.ear/rhq-downloads/rhq-plugins folder (*1) If one is in the DB but not in the plugins folder, the upgrade is aborted.
*1) we should also check the plugins dropbox
We also need to check for
- saved searches
- saved dynagroup expressions
which could become invalid.