Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 99056
removed link for ide burner on bootup
Last modified: 2014-03-16 22:37:22 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-AT; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030703
Description of problem:
kudzu recognises the ide burner correclty and creates a symbolic link from
/dev/hdc to /dev/cdrom during bootup
But if you use the burner with the ide-scsi module as a burner *and* cdrom
reader, all the GNOME apps don't work.
My personal workaround is to disable kudzu, but my wish is, having the following
- kudzu recognises, that ide-scsi is used an it will create a symbolic link from
/dev/scd0 to /dev/cdrom
- I have the possibility do disable hardware probing the cdrom and the new link
I have manually created (ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrom) will survive the next
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. activate the ide-scsi module
2. remove the symbolic /dev/cdrom
3. create a link from /dev/scd0 to /dev/cdrom
3. reboot and the link is again from /dev/hdc to /dev/cdrom
4. the GNOME cdplayer does not work, mounting a data cd with the parameters in
/etc/fstab does not work, ...
Are you booting with hdc=ide-scsi?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 101209 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.