Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 990965
Report error when configure network with static IPv4 mode
Last modified: 2014-01-21 14:47:49 EST
Description of problem:
It reports "An error appeared in the UI: < InvalidData 'The field must contain a valid IPv4 address or an empty string.'>" when configure network with static IPv4 mode.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install rhevh6.5.
2. Select a NIC and configure it with IPv4 Static mode.
Bootprotocol : ( ) Disabled ( ) Auto ( ) DHCP (X) Static
IP Address : 10.66.8.136 Netmask : 32
Gateway : 10.66.11.254
1. After step2, it reports "An error appeared in the UI: < InvalidData 'The field must contain a valid IPv4 address or an empty string.'> ".
1. After step2, it can set ipv4 address with static mode successfully.
may be related to bug 990984
Tested as follows:
1. Apply patch
2. Run in dev mode:
PYTHONPATH=src/ scripts/ovirt-node-setup --dry --defaults /tmp/cfg_dummy
3. Configure NIC
5. Error is shown, <Save> is disabled
<Save> is enabled and save does not raise an error.
It still reports "An error appeared in the UI: < InvalidData 'The field must contain a valid IPv4 address or an empty string.'>" when setting netmask of ipv4 settings as Prefix Length.
So need re-assigned this bug again.
Now the item of Netmask only accept "a valid IPv4 address or an empty string",
also when input a valid IPv4 address or an empty string and apply it, no exception error was thrown.
so this bug has been fixed, change it into "VERIFIED".
This bug is currently attached to errata RHBA-2013:15277. If this change is not to be documented in the text for this errata please either remove it from the errata, set the requires_doc_text flag to minus (-), or leave a "Doc Text" value of "--no tech note required" if you do not have permission to alter the flag.
Otherwise to aid in the development of relevant and accurate release documentation, please fill out the "Doc Text" field above with these four (4) pieces of information:
* Cause: What actions or circumstances cause this bug to present.
* Consequence: What happens when the bug presents.
* Fix: What was done to fix the bug.
* Result: What now happens when the actions or circumstances above occur. (NB: this is not the same as 'the bug doesn't present anymore')
Once filled out, please set the "Doc Type" field to the appropriate value for the type of change made and submit your edits to the bug.
For further details on the Cause, Consequence, Fix, Result format please refer to:
Thanks in advance.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.