Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 995522
dashboard builder should inherit all it's dependency versions from kie-parent-with-dependencies
Last modified: 2014-08-06 16:08:10 EDT
A) Any pom.xml file in droolsjbpm should not declare <version>, except for kie-dependency-with-dependencies. This way, all droolsjbpm modules work with the same version of a dependency and are certain to be compatible.
B) All dependencies that are also a dependency of EAP must use the same version EAP.
dashboard-builder still has about 80 <version> elements specified in it's pom.xml files. This has 3 disadvantages:
- It might use a different version of that dependency then the rest of droolsjbpm
- It won't be extracted to the jboss-integration-platform-bom
- Productization can't easily verify if it's aligned with the rest which they are building.
Recommended steps for jbpm-designer-backend:
1) Remove all dead dependencies first (probably none)
2) Make a list of all dependencies that are not yet specified in kie-dependency-with-dependencies. Add them to kie-dependency-with-dependencies.
3) Compare that list with EAP's dependencies. If EAP uses a different version, specify the EAP version in kie-dependency-with-dependencies.
4) Remove all <version> elements (except to identify the <parent> pom) in the pom.xml files
Skype ge0ffrey for additional info and to discuss.
- Added dashboard-builder BOM into droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap project and removed all dependency version from all dashbuilder artifacts.
- Downgraded maven-license-plugin from 1.9.0 to version 1.8.0, as kie-parent uses. No impact detected.
- Added version management into kie-parent-with-dependencies for:
Commits on master:
Commits on 6.0.x: