Bug 1004133 - Regression fail, not sure //[RHEL 4] autofs5 SASL badness
Regression fail, not sure //[RHEL 4] autofs5 SASL badness
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Classification: Red Hat
Component: autofs (Show other bugs)
6.5
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: rc
: ---
Assigned To: Ian Kent
Filesystem QE
:
Depends On: 477245 481139 485201
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-09-03 23:04 EDT by Yin.JianHong
Modified: 2013-09-05 22:45 EDT (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: 481139
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-09-05 22:45:30 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Comment 1 Yin.JianHong 2013-09-03 23:06:42 EDT
Hi Ian,
  can not sure if is bug, maybe case code not adapt,, please check.
Comment 2 Yin.JianHong 2013-09-03 23:07:49 EDT
beaker JOB link:
  https://beaker.engineering.redhat.com/jobs/486719
Comment 4 Ian Kent 2013-09-04 01:13:27 EDT
(In reply to Yin.JianHong from comment #2)
> beaker JOB link:
>   https://beaker.engineering.redhat.com/jobs/486719

You need to specify which test motivated you to place this bug.

AFAICS, for the above link, the failures are:

- bz346091 - failed because it detected a NULL procedure
             call which is expected now due to ongoing,
             and needed changes.

- bz495895 - has always been a problem since IPv6 interfaces
             have been present. The check for how many DNS
             lookups are expected is wrong and I've been unable
             has to fix it several times now. Just how many DNS
             lookup we should see is questionable as well, but
             the original problem had many, much more than is
             seen in the log of the test run. IOW, the actual
             result of the test result is acceptable.

bz239361, bz239370 - looks like transient DNS lookup failures.
             I didn't see those failures in a recent run that
             I did so I have to concluded this is some glitch
             in the environment at the time of the test runs.

- bz212249 - looks like it might be a regression of some sort
             and does warrant investigation. But which of these
             bugs should be used to follow up with it I don't
             know?

Ian
Comment 5 Ian Kent 2013-09-04 01:37:18 EDT
Didn't see this one before but from the log:

bz481139-READY
kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface
Authenticating as principal root/admin@AUTOFS.TEST with password.

That doesn't look like an autofs failure to me.

Perhaps it's a regression in Kerberos or something in 
Kerberos has changed. The Kerberos usage in the test
has worked OK for quite a while so I'm not sure what's
going on.
Comment 6 Ian Kent 2013-09-05 22:45:30 EDT
I've run this test a couple of times lately and haven't seen this
fail.

Kerberos failures can be caused by name resolution difficulties,
as we saw in other tests from the run above, or system time not
being correct.

For example, this test run worked OK:
https://beaker.engineering.redhat.com/jobs/488642

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.