Description of problem:
While the VM is running, in the "Edit Virtual Machine" window, under the "Host" tab, the info tooltip message says that you can't edit the "Start Running On" fields, but it is not greyed out.
Look at the "Steps to Reproduce" section for an example to a scenario that should not happen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Built from source with commit e71e719e0f8e90b30fb0f7c57ce7de4b07cb963d.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Edit a running VM from the UI - navigate to the "Virtual Machines" tab, click on a specific VM and then on "Edit".
2. Navigate to the "Host" tab.
3. Change the current selection under the "Start Running On" section.
4. Click OK, watch the misleading message "Some of the changes will be applied after the NEXT RESTART." and click OK.
5. Whatever you do, your change is gone (you can repeat steps 1 and 2 before or after shutting down the VM and see that the change is not saved).
The change you have made is not saved.
The "Start Running On" fields should be greyed out, or a proper message should be shown.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1124432 ***
this bug is different from bug 1124432
appears that migration options are missing from the snapshots mechanism (and therefor from import/export as well)
and this is why this configuration is not applied.
*** Bug 1144810 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1168638 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1176799 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
@Michal - are we sure we do not want to backport this to 3.5? The 1176799 is another incarnation of this bug and I'd say we will face more incarnations...
please backport to 3.5 branch
This is an automated message:
This bug should be fixed in oVirt 3.5.1 RC1, moving to QA
oVirt 3.5.1 has been released. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
this ovirt bug was fixed during 3.5.1 cycle and is included in the build, and therefore should be verified.
Verified on rhevm version vt14 (rhevm-3.5.1-0.1)