Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1268696
Review Request: rubygem-guard-rspec - Guard gem for RSpec
Last modified: 2017-12-11 11:52:38 EST
Spec URL: https://github.com/ilgrad/fedora-packages/raw/master/rubygems/rubygem-guard-rspec.spec
SRPM URL: https://github.com/ilgrad/fedora-packages/raw/master/rubygems/rubygem-guard-rspec-4.6.4-1.fc24.src.rpm
Description: Guard::RSpec automatically run your specs (much like autotest).
Fedora Account System Username: ilgrad
Hi Ilya, I did an informal review on this package.
* Outdated version
- You should make it up to date with upstream release and also update it to
more current fedora releases
* Group is not needed
- Group tags are not needed currently, so you should delete lines:
In my opinion you could run the tests without -Ilib option.
Otherwise the package looks good.
I am sorry, I forgot one last thing
* Unnecessary dependency
- The rubygem "launchy" does not seem like dependency to guard-rspec so
I would drop it from requires if possible.
thx for the review.
rubygem(launchy) - needed for tests, also as rubygem(gem_isolator)(I'll try to send soon on review request).
results build on copr(with disable tests):
new spec: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ilgrad/fedora-packages/master/rubygems/rubygem-guard-rspec.spec
new srpm: https://github.com/ilgrad/fedora-packages/raw/master/rubygems/rubygem-guard-rspec-4.7.3-1.fc27.src.rpm
BTW I got "warning: bogus date in %changelog: Tue Dec 05 2018 Ilya Gradina <email@example.com> - 4.7.3-1"
(In reply to Ilya Gradina from comment #3)
> also as rubygem(gem_isolator)(I'll try
> to send soon on review request).
I would not mind if you disabled the specific test case ATM:
# Requires rubygem(gem_isolator).
1) Of course having gem_isolator in Fedora is better
2) There are another 4 test failures due to "uninitialized constant Bundler" errors. It seems it would be better to disable these test cases, otherwise you will need to fight with all the other dependencies specified in Gemfiles. Not sure ...