Description of problem:
Please see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274453 and BZ 1274463
For subscription-manager-gui testing, we use a test tool called ldtp which uses pyatspi and the accessibility tool kit for automation testing.
The version of pyatspi that exists in RHEL-7.2 is pyatspi-2.8.0-3.el7.noarch and is about 3 years old and it is not current enough to support testing of certain GTK3 widgets (for example drop down boxes, spinner buttons, or key event presses). This is causing a rather large portion of our automated tests to no longer work because of the GTK3 changes.
I have built the src.rpms from Fedora23 Beta on RHEL 7.2 and was able to get several GTK3 tests to work. The version I built which works is
[root@dhcp129-21 ~]# rpm -qa | grep pyatspi
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
There are 3 other packages which simultaneously need to be updated for our testing needs:
atk # a dependency of at-spi2-atk
Sean does the rebased pyatspi & friends full filled your needs in rhel7.3?
Can we move this bz to verified?
I am trying to verify this, but have been running into issues with my test environment. I will update as soon as I can get past these issues.
(In reply to Sean Toner from comment #7)
> I am trying to verify this, but have been running into issues with my test
> environment. I will update as soon as I can get past these issues.
OK I can wait week or two (Sep 22.) and than move to verified as our test framework using AT-SPI works as expected.
I have verified that we can do keyevents and the spinners now. The combo box appears broken still. I can set a value for the combo box, but getting the current value of the combo box seems to be broken (it always returns the same starting value, even if you change it).
I want to try to isolate if getting the value from the combo box might be an LDTP issue rather than a pyatspi one.
I was not able to test out pyatspi unfortunately. I will close this issue out as I suspect this might be a ldtp bug rather than a pyatspi one. All the other functionality is working though.
(In reply to Sean Toner from comment #10)
> I was not able to test out pyatspi unfortunately. I will close this issue
> out as I suspect this might be a ldtp bug rather than a pyatspi one. All
> the other functionality is working though.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.