Spec URL: https://ignatenkobrain.fedorapeople.org/neurofedora/python-PyMVPA.spec
SRPM URL: https://ignatenkobrain.fedorapeople.org/neurofedora/python-PyMVPA-2.4.0-3.fc24.src.rpm
PyMVPA is a Python package intended to ease statistical learning analyses of
large datasets. It offers an extensible framework with a high-level interface
to a broad range of algorithms for classification, regression, feature
selection, data import and export. It is designed to integrate well with
related software packages, such as scikit-learn, shogun, MDP, etc. While it is
not limited to the neuroimaging domain, it is eminently suited for such
datasets. PyMVPA is free software and requires nothing but free-software to
PyMVPA stands for MultiVariate Pattern Analysis (MVPA) in Python.
Fedora Account System Username: ignatenkobrain
besser82's shogun-4.0.1-0.4.git20150913.d8eb73d.fc24 completed http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=704166
* * *
Can you do review because shogun fixed and other packages in place? ;)
Yes, I'll probably do a round of review work this weekend.
- name should be lowercase
- xvfb-run should be used with "-a" (automatically select free display number)
- #!/usr/bin/env /usr/bin/pythonX should be replaced with #!/usr/bin/pythonX
Now the usual question: are executables for both python versions wanted?
* pymvpa2 has support for loading python code with --preload, so yes
* pymvpa2-prep-afni-surf just calls a function to preprocess some data, so no
* pymvpa2-prep-fmri likewise no
* pymvpa2-tutorial starts an IPython interactive session, so yes
- so please package just one version for the two executables which don't need two
- Recommends is used for various python modules which are imported. This doesn't seem right, the should be Require-d, since those executables simply don't work without them.
Maybe pymvpa2-tutorial should be split out in a separate subpackage with Requires: python3-ipython.
It would be great to get the tests to pass, that's pretty much the best way to test code compatibility.
Build fails here with:
File not found: /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/python-PyMVPA-2.4.0-3.fc24.x86_64/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pymvpa2*-egginfo
Unfortunately I don't have time to work on these review requests anymore, sorry.