+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1428340 +++
Multiple devices on Linux used to be used for Xinerama setups in order to achieve multiscreen. Then 5+ years ago we added support for multiple screens with randr/single device on linux. At this point, Xinerama setups on linux is not something we actively support.
Hi in rhv-4.4.0-0.17.master.el7 check box 'Single PCI' does not appear. Nevertheless there are still a flaw:
Within VM creation if I choose 'Other OS' - or simply does not choose anything as 'Operating system' ('Other OS' is default option), and set multiple monitors -> hit OK. Then multiple PCI devices are created (thats ok).
I am not able then in any way to get singe PCI by setting 'Operating system' option to some RHEL OS in secondary edit.
I must remove this VM and create it again and set 'Operating system' to any RHEL OS initially.
So it would be great to have single / multiple PCI device according to chosen 'Operating system'.
What do you think Tomasz
The documentation text flag should only be set after 'doc text' field is provided. Please provide the documentation text and set the flag to '?' again.
See also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1555304
I think the underlying problem (indicated as well in the bug #1555304) is still there. I believe adding a listener that reacts to the OS change and updates the "single PCI" field will do.
1. Check if no Single PCI check box
- open New Virtual Machine, open console
- select Operating System one by one, check if no Single PCI check box no matter which operating system is selected.
2. Check if qxl device is correctly created according to the operating system type.
1) check if single qxl device is created for rhel guest
- create new VM, set operating system to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x x64, set monitors to multiple, check if single qxl device is created.
- create new VM, set operating system to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x x64, set monitors to 1, then change to multiple, check if still using single qxl device.
2) check if multiple qxl devices are created for Windows
- create new VM, set operating system to Windows 10, set monitors to multiple, check if multiple qxl devices are created.
- create new VM, set operating system to Windows 10, set monitors to 1, then change to multiple, check if 1 qxl device is changed to multiple qxl devices.
1. There is no Single PCI check box no matter which operating system is selected.
2. Single qxl device is created for rhel guest no matter multiple monitors were set at vm creation time, or changed from 1.
3. Multiple qxl devices are created for Windows guest no matter multiple monitors were set at vm creation time, or changed from 1.
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.4.1 release, published on July 8th 2020.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in oVirt 4.4.1 release, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.