Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 149807
"print_job: No file!?!"
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:00 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.3) (KHTML, like Gecko)
Description of problem:
I have the print problem described in bug 145246 except that for me it is hard on.
I attempted to reopen it and add this text:
I have the same problem on FC3. At the very least, the error message
lacks clarity and is unlikely to lead users to the solution to their
In my case the server is Debian/Sarge, the printer an Epson Stulux
C65 which works from some other systems here including one running
The case that does not work is my Laptop, FC3, fully up2date earlier
today, and my test-print is from OOo Writer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. See aforementioned bug
Actual Results: D [27/Feb/2005:19:45:38 +0800] ReadClient: 8 POST /printers/blueroom HTTP/1.1
E [27/Feb/2005:19:45:38 +0800] print_job: No file!?!
D [27/Feb/2005:19:45:38 +0800] Sending error: client-error-bad-request
Created attachment 111462 [details]
Config on my system
Note there are two printers defined: the local one works perfectly.
Whoops. I see two printers in my print dialogues (I just checked in
KDE), but printconf does not see blueroom which is the remote cups
printer. The remote system is running cupsys 1.1.20final+rc1-10
My nahant system can print to both its locally-defined printer and
the remote one, the latter being found by cups2cups comminication.
the FC3 system is on a different subnet.
I can't work out from the 'Whoops' of your previous comment whether you have
resolved this issue or not. I'm not sure what you mean by 'printconf does not
see blueroom' -- there are several things I can think you might mean.
Please can you clarify the problem?
This was a very long time ago, the Sarge box has long since had a catastrophic
disk drive failure and been replaced with a new peecee running WBEL (chosen
because it was he only current install CD set to hand, my install server was dead).
Which is to say, my memory is hazy and a system which is critical to the problem
no longer exists so I don't have the environment to reproduce the problem.
blueroom is a printer (an Epson Stylus C65) which is rarely used since I added a
Kyocera (called Laser).
I don't see a problem now, but that could be because of any of several changes
to my software setup including the server change, network changes and possibly a
change to my CUPS configuration inflicted with my favourite configuration tool, vim.