1. Proposed title of this feature request
Update savon gem to 2.12.0
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Update savon gem
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Would like to use SOAP call to create a folder in vCenter
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Update savon gem
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Successful use of the savon gem to make a folder in vCenter
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
Dependency problems: (RPMs, Python packages, Ruby Gems, Ansible modules, etc.)
Several of us on the platform team met recently to discuss dependency problems and came up with the following decisions:
- The appliance will carry dependencies for the application and any necessary debugging tools
- The application itself will declare all of its dependencies as it has in the past
- Application plugins will declare their dependencies in a way that the application / appliance build code can aggregate and install them
- Customer dependencies will need to be installed and maintained by customers since it is impossible for us to maintain and upgrade that list of dependencies. We can not guarantee that any changes to these dependencies will not break scripts that are not maintained by the engineering team.
In this particular case, the customer can install the version of the savon gem that works for their scripting using the `gem install` command.
*** Bug 1610768 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1514550 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1503344 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***