Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 183889
Review Request: perl-Crypt-Primes
Last modified: 2008-06-24 20:10:07 EDT
Spec Name or Url: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/perl-Crypt-Primes/perl-Crypt-Primes.spec
SRPM Name or Url: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/perl-Crypt-Primes/perl-Crypt-Primes-0.50-1.src.rpm
This module implements Ueli Maurer's algorithm for generating large provable
primes and secure parameters for public-key cryptosystems. The generated primes
are almost uniformly distributed over the set of primes of the specified
bitsize and expected time for generation is less than the time required for
generating a pseudo-prime of the same size with Miller-Rabin tests. Detailed
description and running time analysis of the algorithm can be found in Maurer's
paper, "Fast Generation of Prime Numbers and Secure Public-Key Cryptographic
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written, uses macros consistently and
conforms to the Perl template.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. It's not included separately in the
package, but this is not necessary as the upstream tarball does not include it.
* source files match upstream:
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns no directories (besides %doc)
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
Thanks for the review.
7837 (perl-Crypt-Primes): Build on target fedora-development-extras succeeded.
Build logs may be found at
Branchh requests for FC-4 and FC-5 made.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Crypt-Primes
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5