Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 196627
Review Request: perl-SVN-Mirror - Mirror remote repository to local Subversion repository
Last modified: 2008-06-06 15:00:35 EDT
Spec URL: http://znark.com/fedora/perl-SVN-Mirror.spec
SRPM URL: http://znark.com/fedora/perl-SVN-Mirror-0.68-3.src.rpm
Description: Mirror remote repository to local Subversion repository
It is required by perl-SVK. It requires perl-File-chidr and perl-SVN-Simple.
I fixed the rpmlint warnings.
For some reason your web server thinks the specfile is text/html, which makes it
tough to read.
This package completely hangs up in mock because it waits for input. I piped
"yes n" into the Makefile.PL bit and I get this far:
Cannot reliably compare non-decimal formatted versions.
Please install version.pm or Sort::Versions.
- SVN::Core ...loaded. (1.3.1 >= 1.0.7)
- URI::Escape ...loaded. (3.28)
- Term::ReadKey ...loaded. (2.30)
- SVN::Simple::Edit ...loaded. (0.27)
- Date::Format ...loaded. (2.22)
- File::chdir ...loaded. (0.06)
- Class::Accessor ...loaded. (0.25)
- VCP ...missing. (would need 0.9)
- Data::UUID ...missing.
==> Auto-install the 2 optional module(s) from CPAN? [y/N] n
The package builds and fails a pile of tests:
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
t/2basic.t 255 65280 15 26 173.33% 3-15
t/6relay.t 255 65280 9 14 155.56% 3-9
t/7copy.t 255 65280 3 2 66.67% 3
t/8skipto-torev.t 255 65280 58 116 200.00% 1-58
2 tests skipped.
Failed 4/9 test scripts, 55.56% okay. 79/100 subtests failed, 21.00% okay.
which of course fails the build.
At this point I have to wonder whether or not you you actually tested this package.
I hadn't tried it under mock. I fixed the autoinstall and input problem by
passing the --skipdeps option to Makefile.PL.
Once that is done, it builds under mock with FC5 and all the tests pass. Are
you using development? I don't have rawhide mock available here at work.
OK, indeed the test failures are gone under FC5. Still, this is going to cause
significant trouble going forward.
I will attach a full build log with TEST_VERBOSE=1 and hopefully this will help
you. It almost looks like the error isn't even in this module. There are
several of these:
TypeError in method 'svn_ra_reporter2_invoke_set_path', argument 6 of type 'char
That method string doesn't match anything in the source; it looks like some
issue with some generated bindings. Perhaps it's a subversion-perl issue? I
suggest you work with upstream and perhaps ping fedora-perl-list.
I will review this package based on an FC5 build. The only issue that turns up
is your manual versioned dependency for perl(SVN::Core) which conflicts with one
determined by RPM. You'll either need to drop the manual dependency or filter
out the one RPM finds.
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock (FC5, x86_64). (fails to build on development)
* rpmlint is silent.
X final provides and requires are sane:
perl(SVN::Mirror) = 0.68
perl(SVN::Mirror::Git) = 0.62
perl(SVN::Mirror::Ra) = 0.68
perl(SVN::Mirror::VCP) = 0.50
perl-SVN-Mirror = 0.68-6.fc5
X perl(SVN::Core) >= 1.0.7
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass (on FC5; some tests fail on development)
All tests successful, 2 tests skipped.
Files=9, Tests=100, 59 wallclock secs ( 9.33 cusr + 8.14 csys = 17.47 CPU)
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
Created attachment 131706 [details]
Build log from mock on rawhide.
There haven't been any changes to subversion package on rawhide that would
explain the problem. It is the same version and patches.
This one fixes the duplicate dependency.
Indeed, this version fixes the duplicated dependency issue.
It really does look like the errors come from within the swig-generated bindings
but I can't figure out where. Rawhide subversion packages are actually behind
the FC5 versions, but I went ahead and build with the old FC5 versions and the
build still went fine.
Anyway, the package is OK and hopefully the rawhide failures will be worked out
in due time.
As I mentioned in 196629, I found a patch that fixed the problem on rawhide.
I built it on devel.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-SVN-Mirror
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5