Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 210323
Review Request: perl-File-DesktopEntry - Object to handle .desktop files
Last modified: 2014-05-18 12:59:44 EDT
Spec URL: http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/perl-File-DesktopEntry.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/perl-File-DesktopEntry-0.02-1.src.rpm
This module is used to work with .desktop files. The format of these files
is specified by the freedesktop "Desktp Entry" specification. See
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fdesktop_2dentry_2dspec. For this
module version 0.9.4 of the specification was used.
I was looking at the spec and then at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl and your spec doesnt have the
provides stuff mentioned at the top, I wasnt sure if thats because it wasnt
needed here or what. It does build fine in mock and rpmlint has nothing to say
If you refer to the requires and provides autodeps, it is only
needed when package autodetected provides or requires are wrong.
Those of the one I proposed seem right:
Provides: perl(File::DesktopEntry) = 0.02
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
Requires: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) perl(File::Spec) perl(strict)
Michael, everything on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl is either
advisory or contingent on the faulure of some part of RPM's automatic dependency
generation. RPM actually does a pretty good job of figuring out most Perl
dependencies, and the resulting packages don't generally need much in the way of
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(File::DesktopEntry) = 0.02
perl-File-DesktopEntry = 0.02-1.fc6
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=2, Tests=10, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.06 cusr + 0.03 csys = 0.09 CPU)
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Thanks for that review too.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-File-DesktopEntry
New Branches: el6
Owners: pghmcfc ktdreyer
I (pghmcfc) am already the owner of this package in EPEL-7.
Git done (by process-git-requests).
perl-File-DesktopEntry-0.08-1.el6 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 6.
perl-File-DesktopEntry-0.08-1.el6 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 6 stable repository.