Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 218831
Review Request: python-urljr - A common interface to urllib2 and curl for making HTTP requests
Last modified: 2007-12-16 12:33:02 EST
Spec URL: http://repo.ocjtech.us/misc/fedora/6/SRPMS/python-urljr-1.0.1-1.fc6.spec
SRPM URL: http://repo.ocjtech.us/misc/fedora/6/SRPMS/python-urljr-1.0.1-1.fc6.src.rpm
URL-related utilities from JanRain, Inc. This package contains the
"fetchers" module, which provides a common interface to urllib2 and
curl for making HTTP requests.
I'll review it :)
* rpmlint is quiet
* package is named well
* spec file name is good
* package meets Packaging Guidelines
* package is licensed with an LGPL open-source compatible license
* License field in spec file matches actual license
* license file isn't included in %doc
* md5sums are matching (0b120d08dc4538ed5c4ee5c77447b865)
* BuildRequires listed well
* no locales
* no need to %post and %postun sections
* not relocatable
* package owns directories well
* no duplicates in %files
* %files section includes %defattr
* proper %clean section
* macros used well
In fact, license file isn't included as a COPYING file contains only information
about license, not the license itself. However, guidelines say that:
"If (and only if) the source package includes the text of the license(s) in its
wn file, then that file, containing the text of the license(s) for the package
must be included in %doc." so it's not a blocker.
Package is approved :)
I see package in CVS, but you haven't even tried to rebuild it, why?
python-urljr depends on python-pycurl. python-pycurl in development needs to be
updated to a CVS snapshot since curl in development is newer than curl in FC <=
6. I'm waiting for the python-pycurl to be branched for FC-5 and FC-6 to
upgrade development to the CVS snapshot (FC-5 and FC-6 will stick with the
released version that was reviewed).
OK, now that python-pycurl has been built, I've pushed builds for python-urljr.
They should be available in the next push.
Package Change Request
Package Name: python-urljr
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5
Updated EPEL Owners: jcollie