While waiting for up2date to download the available headers, the gnome GUI
blocks without providing any progress information. I thought the
application had hung completely - only once I did a bit of research here in
bugzilla did I find out about the /var/spool/up2date directory. Now I can
see (though repeated du -sk . commands) that it IS in fact downloading
information. To put things into perspective, I started the process
approximately 5 minutes ago, it's still downloading, and I even have a
reasonably fast connection (cable modem).
Ah, forgot to include versions:
/var/spool/up2date! rpm -qa | grep up2date
The next version of up2date will be much quicker about downloading
headers, and will also have more agressive caching of headers,
so hopefully this wont be a problem.
Assigned QA to jturner
*** Bug 27789 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 18847 ***