Bug 431157 - Missing /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions?
Missing /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions?
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 433063
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: xulrunner (Show other bugs)
rawhide
i386 Linux
low Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Gecko Maintainer
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-01-31 21:17 EST by Horst H. von Brand
Modified: 2008-02-15 17:17 EST (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-02-15 16:59:48 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Horst H. von Brand 2008-01-31 21:17:47 EST
Description of problem:
Error messages when updating.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
firefox-3.0-0.beta2.15.nightly20080130.fc9.i386
xulrunner-1.9-0.beta2.15.nightly20080130.fc9.i386

How reproducible:
Has happened the last few times firefox was updated. No package claims the
directory it complains about.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.
  
Actual results:
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.67913: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory

Expected results:


Additional info:
Comment 1 Christopher Aillon 2008-02-06 13:51:24 EST
Is there perhaps a trigger from a different package wrongly expecting this
directory to exist?  Because firefox or xulrunner aren't doing anything with it
in scriptlets
Comment 2 Horst H. von Brand 2008-02-08 18:29:06 EST
This happened each time firefox was updated. It seems to be gone now.
Comment 3 Horst H. von Brand 2008-02-10 12:17:33 EST
Nope, updating today to 3.0-0.beta2.17.nightly20080209.fc9 I see:

  Updating  : firefox                      ####################### [29/78] 
  /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5346: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory
Comment 4 Horst H. von Brand 2008-02-11 17:01:44 EST
Again today, 3.0-0.beta2.18.nightly20080210.fc9.i386. Packages updated around
firefox are wine, nazghul-haxima, firefox, e2fsprogs-devel, perl-Git. I very
much doubt any of those is responsible for the error. Could it be some
long-outdated uninstall scriptlet that isn't erased because it hasn't ever
completed?
  
Comment 5 Horst H. von Brand 2008-02-15 14:25:56 EST
  Updating  : beagle                       ##################### [ 57/546] 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.82528: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.88315: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory
  Updating  : jack-audio-connection-kit    ##################### [ 58/546] 
Today I see:

  Updating  : xulrunner                    ##################### [ 59/546] 
Error unpacking rpm package xulrunner-1.9-0.beta3.21.nightly20080214.fc9.i386
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/dictionaries: cpio: rename

  Updating  : firefox                      ##################### [243/546] 
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.6472: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.58454: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
such file or directory

The first error I fixed by axing the /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/dictionaries*
directory and files (it is now a symlink!), and updating again. Clearly some
earlier xulrunner updates had failed.
Comment 6 Christopher Aillon 2008-02-15 15:19:50 EST
(In reply to comment #5)
>   Updating  : beagle                       ##################### [ 57/546] 
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.82528: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
> such file or directory
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.88315: line 11: cd: /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/extensions: No
> such file or directory
>   Updating  : jack-audio-connection-kit    ##################### [ 58/546] 

This looks like beagle is running a broken trigger on xulrunner.


> Today I see:
> 
>   Updating  : xulrunner                    ##################### [ 59/546] 
> Error unpacking rpm package xulrunner-1.9-0.beta3.21.nightly20080214.fc9.i386
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/dictionaries: cpio: rename

Unrelated but unavoidable, since this changed from a directory containing files
to a symlink.  There's no way to fix this in the spec AFAIK
Comment 7 Valdis Kletnieks 2008-02-15 15:35:00 EST
I already opened bug #432571 against beagle for the broken trigger - it's
actually grovelling the parent directory name out of /etc/gre.d/gre.conf,
and gratuitously globbing on a /extensions and expecting it to be there, when it
probably should be looking in some other directory...
Comment 8 Christopher Aillon 2008-02-15 16:59:48 EST
Just filed a bug on beagle, duping this there since that's really what is
causing this.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 433063 ***
Comment 9 Christopher Aillon 2008-02-15 17:00:47 EST
Oh, whoops.  Sorry, I didn't notice your bug until after I filed and duped :(
Comment 10 Valdis Kletnieks 2008-02-15 17:17:19 EST
Doesn't matter to me - somebody should pick one and label the other a dup. 
Personally, I don't care, as long as it gets fixed before my users see the bug. :)

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.