Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 442208
Error during installation after checking the media
Last modified: 2008-04-28 19:26:12 EDT
Description of problem:
I'm installing with the Fedora-9-Beta-i386-DVD.iso burned to a DVD. After
running the media check during installation, if I don't manually close the drive
tray, I get an error. However if I manually close the drive after the check,
the installation continues.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora-9-Beta-i386-DVD.iso downloaded on April 6, 2008
Very, it happens every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Proceed in installation through the media check
2. When the drive opens and the "Success" message is displayed, press "Enter" to
3. The next screen allows another media check however I tab to the "Continue"
button and press enter
4. At this time the drive tray closes (with the media) and it sounds like the
drive is being accessed
5. After about 10 seconds the drive tray opens and an "Error" message is
displayed with "Ok" as the only message and "Ok" as the only button (no other
6. If I press enter to accept "Ok" again, the drive will automatically close but
after about 10 seconds, step 5 from above will repeat (this seems to repeat
7. If instead of pressing enter in step 5 or 6 above while at the "Error"
screen, I manually close the drive tray and wait for activity in the drive to
stop then press enter to accept "Ok", installation proceeds normally
This almost seems like a timeout is set too short.
The description outlines a slightly different use case than #442188 does, but
the underlying cause seems to be the same one.
Yes, I think this is the same as #442188.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 375011 ***
I had the same thing happen to me using the Fedora i386 Preview Release DVD. I
agree it sounds exactly like bug #442188. I didn't have any problem when I
installed Fedora 8 though, which seems to be what bug #375011 is related to.