Bug 457583 - modifying default repo to specify different URL fails
modifying default repo to specify different URL fails
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: anaconda (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
low Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jeremy Katz
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
NEEDSRETESTING
:
: 458998 468656 494869 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks: F10Blocker/F10FinalBlocker
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-08-01 12:18 EDT by Bill Nottingham
Modified: 2014-03-16 23:15 EDT (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-10-15 12:01:07 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)
patch to simplify repo handling (12.79 KB, patch)
2008-08-29 13:45 EDT, Chris Lumens
no flags Details | Diff
traceback!! (59.68 KB, text/plain)
2008-08-29 13:46 EDT, Chris Lumens
no flags Details
set of patches to fix (5.57 KB, application/x-gzip)
2008-09-11 15:49 EDT, Jeremy Katz
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Bill Nottingham 2008-08-01 12:18:23 EDT
Description of problem:

I boot the F10 Alpha installer. It's by default pointed at a HTTP mirrorlist.

I edit the repo, change it to
http://reducto.install.bos.redhat.com/pungi/f10-alpha.7/10-Alpha/x86_64/os/

It accepts it. If I try to continue the install, it fails downloading the metadata.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

F10-Alpha.7

How reproducible:

100%

Additional info:

If I try to re-edit, the same mirrorlist is the starting point, not whatever I
edited it to before.
Comment 1 Chris Lumens 2008-08-29 13:44:11 EDT
I've made a good bit of progress on this - it now takes the new URL, creates a new repo with that URL to take the place of the old one, and then attempts to download the new repodata.  I then hit a traceback due to problems with the primarydb being empty.

Attaching a patch against rawhide that simplifies a lot of the repo handling (worked on with input from Seth) and the traceback I'm getting.  Also reassigning to Jeremy, who might have a clue how to fix this.
Comment 2 Chris Lumens 2008-08-29 13:45:33 EDT
Created attachment 315382 [details]
patch to simplify repo handling
Comment 3 Chris Lumens 2008-08-29 13:46:12 EDT
Created attachment 315383 [details]
traceback!!
Comment 4 Chris Lumens 2008-08-29 13:59:46 EDT
*** Bug 458998 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 5 Jeremy Katz 2008-09-11 15:49:36 EDT
Created attachment 316478 [details]
set of patches to fix

Here's a set of patches which looks like it fixes things, although I want to hold off until post-beta to avoid destabilizing things

Basically, we move actual package selection later so that we don't have packages in the tsInfo referencing a repo which has gone away.
Comment 6 Jeremy Katz 2008-09-29 10:24:25 EDT
And pushed
Comment 7 Jesse Keating 2008-10-03 19:39:52 EDT
Marking for re-testing.
Comment 8 Alexander Todorov 2008-10-28 03:40:12 EDT
*** Bug 468656 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 9 Andy Lindeberg 2009-06-08 15:13:08 EDT
*** Bug 494869 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.