Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 488307
libgxim 0.3.2-3.fc10 breaks keyboard input
Last modified: 2009-03-04 06:33:30 EST
Description of problem:
libgxim-0.3.2-3.fc10.i386 release today breaks keyboard input
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Some windows lose keyboard input, mouse past seems to work.
Steps to Reproduce:
I use fvwm, windows started by the orignal script work fine
All new xterms don't have keyboard input
reverting to libgxim-0.3.1-1.fc10.i386 fixes the problem
*** Bug 488295 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Please fix ASAP, it is very annoying.
Especially as xterm is affected as well.
I don't have any SCIM rpms on my system, but on fedoraforum people are also claiming that today's scim-anthy may have the same problem.
Feel free to reassign to a proper component. Actually I'm not completely certain the bug is in libgxim. But I'm pretty sure it is not in nedit :)
I suspect you're right. :/
As I said, I don't have any scim-xxx rpms on my system. I reverted libgxim, and only libgxim on my system and it's been working ever since.
It could be that the bug is somewhere else, e.g. in the several X components updated in the last couple of weeks, but libgxim tickles it.
Just checked my home system, which I've updated right before leaving home but didn't notice anything wrong in the 2 minutes I was on after rebooting for today's kernel and getting my xemacs going.
Don't even have libgxim on my home, and only scim-devel and scim-libs. Connected to my home system via vino-server and all input seems fine, but I'm not sure if going through vino-server is a good test of the input methods.
Looks like this isn't limited to F10.
See this thread. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1177047
(In reply to comment #6)
> As I said, I don't have any scim-xxx rpms on my system. I reverted libgxim,
> and only libgxim on my system and it's been working ever since.
Same here. My window manager is fvwm, xterm refuses input most of the time when the system has the new libgxim installed. With libgxim reverted, it works.
I've noticed several bizarre behaviours:
- ssh -X localhost , and then xterm from within the ssh tunnel sometimes does accept input
- start urxvt. Suffers from the same disease as xterm, but much more rarely. After four or five trials, I have a fresh urxvt uncapable of catching input. At this moment, all of a sudden, all xterms resume working as normal.
Needless to say, I've reverted libgxim to stay away from this mess.
Kinda annoying, since a keyboard is useful as long as I don't have neuronal implants working ;-).
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 488223 ***
*** Bug 488434 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***