Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 500132
swap format error
Last modified: 2009-09-09 17:25:17 EDT
The following was filed automatically by anaconda:
anaconda 188.8.131.52 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/formats/swap.py", line 126, in teardown
raise SwapSpaceError("format has not been created")
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 1479, in destroy
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 218, in execute
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 659, in processActions
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 234, in doIt
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 117, in turnOnFilesystems
SwapSpaceError: format has not been created
Created attachment 343426 [details]
Attached traceback automatically from anaconda.
Can you describe your system (disks, memory, cpu) and how you performed the installation?
Created attachment 343718 [details]
lshw of system
System was F10, with
/dev/sda1 as ext3 (boot)
/dev/sda2 lvm (ext4 root, swap)
/dev/sdc1 swap (usb)
Installed from rawhide boot.iso
formatted /dev/sda, /dev/sdc
Is this reproducable with F11 RC? No one here has seen this bug in significant amounts of testing. If you are able to reproduce, can you please give us thorough instructions on what you did with the partitioning UI so we can try to follow along? Thanks.
*** Bug 501340 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Sorry, Never got around to do an RC test. Sidetracked.
I think, I did the partitioning, and just before the "write to disk" step.
I may have clicked back to verify ext4 selection.
*** Bug 503435 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Mine was the bug just duplicated against this one. RC2 Live CD.
format enabled on:
LUKS encrypted volume on:
RAID 1 on:
/dev/sda2 (primary) /dev/sdb2 (primary) on:
Seagate 1TB SATA disks connected to:
Asus P5Q Pro mobo
I tried so many combinations yesterday this particular anaconda could have been either encrypted or not encrypted, as I attempted the latter when the former failed. Anaconda's ability to raise a DHCP addr was hit or miss.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 11 development cycle.
Changing version to '11'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Can't reproduce this problem on the latest rawhide tree.