Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 52769
/usr/share/config/kdm linked messed up!
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:36:41 EDT
Description of Problem:
In 2.2-6 I first removed "rm -rf /usr/share/config/kdm"
then I installed the package. The link that was created
contained some special characters! e.g.
something similar to that. I removed it and replaced it with kdm
only and it started to work.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
The proper procedure for updating from <= 2.2-6 to >= 2.2-7 is
rpm -e --nodeps kdebase
rpm -ivh kdebase-2.2-8.i386.rpm
The problem is that rpm can't handle replacing a directory with a symlink,
which is what we're doing. (The fact that it was a directory rather than a
symlink was a bug in 2.2-1 to 2.2-6, which we never released officially [and
rawhide is supposed to break occasionally ;)])
*** Bug 53166 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 53243 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***