Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 563789
All Kontact Apps fail to start
Last modified: 2010-02-16 21:07:21 EST
As of kdepim 4.4.0 either build 1 or 3 Kontact and all related apps will not start unless I do the following...
One thing to note: On the initial startup of Kontact Akonadi seems to freeze. All kontact related process and akonadi related process need to be killed and then from a console or the run command, one needs to run akonadiconsole to get things to work with the following procedure.
Please refer to:
It would seem that if one were to go to:
and remove the
I removed the :
Everything else seems to work fine.
Rex Dieter says this is fixed for him with soprano-188.8.131.52-1.fc12:
(Rex also pushed it to kde-unstable.)
Does anybody still get kdepim crashes with kdepim-4.4.0-3.fc12 and soprano-184.108.40.206-1.fc12?
Unfortunately, Michal Hlavinka says at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=563745#c13 that this still happens with soprano-220.127.116.11. :-(
Nevermind, he now confirmed on IRC that 18.104.22.168 did fix it (he was actually still using 2.4.0 when he posted that comment).
It would see that kontact is working again. However, I'm constantly getting the message that nepomuk indexing agents have been disabled, if nepomuk has been enabled in system settings.
If you previously used Nepomuk with Virtuoso 5, it will not work with Virtuoso 6 unless you delete or convert Nepomuk's Virtuoso database (and we haven't gotten the converter to work properly, it seems).
What seems to happen, is that if Strigy is not activated then I get the error that nepomuk is deactivated.
Akonadi seems to be working, but on startup I get error message that the log files seems to be missing. So.... I was wondering where the log files should be and what they are called?
Fixed what I thought were mising error log messages but infact messages stating that "old" error log messages existed. Fixed that by simply deleting the old error logs.
One final issue.... After testing the Akonadi installaton, I constantly got the errors in the mysql error logs that stated.
091029 12:23:04 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them
091029 12:23:04 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
After some digging.... I found the solution at:
Which goes on to suggest:
rm -r ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data
That did the trick.... Which means that Akonadi does not correctly initialize the mysql database on first run.
Which I guess needs to be corrected.
Let's make it clear that this and the other 2 Soprano-induced issues are all duplicates of the same (fixed) bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 566061 ***