Description of problem:
alert notifications are not cascaded when creating/updating group alert definitions / alert templates. in other words, if you create or update a group alert definition or alert template with notifications, then navigate to the affected resources in question, NO notifications will exist on them.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create alert template (or group alert definition)
2. Add one of each type of notification (System Users, System Roles, Direct Emails, Resource Operations, SNMP Traps)
3. View the notifications that were cascaded down to the alert definitions on the affected resources
No notifications were cascaded down
All 5 notifications should have been cascaded down, with identical data
alert notifications C/U/D is now properly cascaded from template and group
* fix manager interface to always require subject as first argument for C/U/D
* alert notification C/U/D now occurs outside of a transaction in all scenarios
** notification manager calls into the appropriate template/group/resource
manager to perform the persist work and cascading
* add display of JSF errors to the edit UI page for alert notifications
* add exception handling to all primary forms of C/U/D from the UI
* fix copy/clone logic inside AlertNotification entity and implement .equals()
* fix the copy/clone logic inside of AlertDefinition, which is responsible for
copying/cloning conditions and notifications
* eliminate the needless 'copyIds' parameter in the copy/clone logic (false was
being passed everywhere)
* finally, add new logic in AlertDefinitionManager.updateAlertDefinition
** properly cascade the C/U/D for alert notifications
** make sure to clean-up internal notification data for alert senders that use
The issue seem fixed. However, bz 591485 need to be fixed as it removes the alert template from the platform and everywhere else completely.
I'm marking this as verified.
Mass-closure of verified bugs against JON.