Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 59718
multiple bugs in package selection
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:40:18 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.78 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.9-13smp-MO i686; Nav)
Description of problem:
At the install type (workstation/server/custion) Select individual packages.
The individual package selection has multiple problems:
1) first off the package name column is not sorted by default.
2) The screen will "jump" each time that a package is clicked/unclicked.
3) the description box does not "word wrap". It will wrap the line in the middle
of a word
4) Applications section - there are 2 "Publishing" sub groups
5) Clicking into a subgroup does not position at the start of the package
selection for that group. The position seems to be a random position into the
middle of the package group.
6) "Documentation" group - app packages appear 2wice.
7) "System Environment" group appears 2wice, though the 1st group is empty.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. see above
This has some issues with the groups which timp needs to address, katzj should
look at the UI issues.
Duplication isn't appearing for me anymore in test mode... I'll check more once
I get my test boxes back up post-move. Word wrapping is fixed. There are a few
gtk2 issues here with sorting and reflow, so I'll cc jrb for them.
what are the issues? Can you enumerate (or even better, provide a test case?)
1. The reflow jumping when selecting things in a treeview that I think msw
showed you; if not, I'll grab a simple test case hopefully over the weekend, but
if not, then the beginning of next week.
2. Sorting doesn't seem to be preserved when you clear and repopulate the view
*** Bug 60211 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Deferring this to the gtk2-based installer.
#1 still happens.
#2 doesn't happen now.
#3 doesn't happen now.
#5 still happens.
Also sorting does not work still.
#4, #6, #7 do not apply anymore.
*** Bug 59700 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I believe these issues have been resolved.
Time tracking values updated