Actually the problem is more serious: our custom dependency
generator (libguestfs-find-requires.sh) is no longer working,
not even in Fedora. This apparently started after we moved to
It's in the SRPM. The Fedora equivalent script is here:
The problem is just that the path to 'hostfiles' moved, and
consequently it's not reading the correct file.
I think this bug should be a 6.0 blocker. The fix is
a simple single-line change.
Jinxin, you are right again. This is in fact another bug.
History: in bug 547496 we added the library dependencies.
We only added the library dependencies because binary dependencies
(eg. /sbin/e2fsck) are already taken care of in the specfile which
has a long list of 'Requires' lines.
However, the 'Requires' line is missing binutils, I guess because
we didn't realize that 'strings' is part of binutils, and also that
binutils wouldn't just be pulled in indirectly anyway.
So: I have opened another Fedora bug about this:
and I've cloned that bug for RHEL 6:
Please keep this bug for discussion of the library issue!
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.