Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 639636
Review Request: rubygem-poppler - Ruby binding of poppler-glib
Last modified: 2010-11-22 16:03:20 EST
Spec URL: http://mtasaka.fedorapeople.org/Review_request/rubygem-poppler/rubygem-poppler.spec
SRPM URL: http://mtasaka.fedorapeople.org/Review_request/rubygem-poppler/rubygem-poppler-0.90.2.2-1.fc.src.rpm
Ruby/Poppler is a Ruby binding of poppler-glib.
This package depends on other packages currently in review request queue,
so currently no scratch build on koji is available.
mockbuild log for F-14 is available at:
* Mon Oct 4 2010 Mamoru Tasaka <email@example.com> - 0.90.2.3-1
* Sun Oct 24 2010 Mamoru Taska <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 0.90.4-2
* Sun Oct 31 2010 Mamoru Taska <email@example.com> - 0.90.5-2
- Move C extension so that "require %%gemname" works correctly
Created attachment 461760 [details]
Failed build log on koji
Mamoru, some notes below.
* Build fails for many tests for rawhide. Test are failing with "SocketError: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known". It looks like there is no Internet access on koji while building the package. Log attached. Maybe upstream should attach the pdf to test/ dir to omit loading it from the Internet (poppler-test-utils.rb, line 25)?
* You use tabs and spaces in the spec file.
* BR: rubygems is not required (it is a dependency of other rubygem-* packages)
* (Not sure about this) I think BR: ruby is required, because of:
Executing command: ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bs --target i686 --nodeps builddir/build/SPECS/rubygem-poppler.spec']
sh: ruby: command not found
See attached log for more info.
This is everything for now. Hope this helps you a it as this is my first take on reviewing.
koji build for rawhide:
* Sun Nov 21 2010 Mamoru Tasaka <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 0.90.5-3
- Omit tests failing without net
- Remove miscs no longer needed on Fedora (%%clean section, etc)
Thank you for comments.
(In reply to comment #4)
> Build failures:
> * You use tabs and spaces in the spec file.
> * BR: rubygems is not required (it is a dependency of other rubygem-* packages)
> * (Not sure about this) I think BR: ruby is required, because of:
> Executing command: ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bs --target i686
> --nodeps builddir/build/SPECS/rubygem-poppler.spec']
> sh: ruby: command not found
- This message is coming due to other reason. With koji (mock), when srpm is
recreated using "rpmbuild -bs", only packages used for minimal
buildroot are installed there (so even if BR: ruby is written
this message appears)
Later, packages needed to rebuild the created srpm are investigated
and they are installed - and this is actually what you are seeing in
Looks good for me, but I'm not an expert.
I installed it and used pdf2text.rb example located here: http://ruby-gnome2.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/poppler/sample/pdf2text.rb?view=markup – works!
If this package seems good for you, I would appreciate it if
you would assign this bug to yourself and approve this review
request. We need more and more reviewers and trying reviewing
tickets is highly appreciated.
This package (rubygem-poppler) is APPROVED by goldmann
New Package SCM Request
Package Name: rubygem-poppler
Short Description: Ruby binding of poppler-glib
Branches: f13 f14
Git done (by process-git-requests).
Built for F-15/14/13 successfully, and for F-14/13 submitted push
requests on bodhi. Now closing.
Thank you for reviewing this ticket and git procedure.