Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 64554
Konqueror will not always post to forms
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:42:28 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.0.0-10; Linux)
Description of problem:
Form data is lost with Konqueror in KDE 3.0
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
This is intermitant and and pressing the back button and retrying will very often fix it but is is annoying if you are trying to maintain a website
For the record, I have very good luck with konqueror + forms. Perhaps you
could create a test-case form that causes the problem?
This form fore example I or in fact any form, try a postnuke site and enter a
login and password sometimes it takes 5 or 6 attempts, Submitting bugs to this
site I had to use Mozilla as Konqueror was just a pain to use, this was on a
clean install of 7.3 with only RedHat rpms installed I know of 3 others who
have the same problem.
Forgot to add try Web,in in https mode it always fails.
FYI, I'm responding to you here using konqueror, in https mode, and it is (and
has been) working ok for me. Is there anything else particular to your setup
that might be causing the problem? (proxies?).
I do not use a proxy neither do my 3 friends and we all have the problem, I am
just trying to change some domain info on http://www.freeparking.co.uk and it
is taking 5 or 6 goes at each form but Mozilla, Netscape and Galleon are all
fine. It was reported in the betas and still happening, I did not report it
in the beta, as I said earlier try webmin in https mode it says the link to
the site is broken, I think it is related.
This appears to be a duplicate of Bug 62196.
I am seeing a major bug with konqueror along these lines which did not exist
with the previous version of kde and redhat 7.2. While on the FreeRepublic.com
forum and attempting to post an article, keying the "preview" button has
unpredictable results, sometimes reposting a previous post on another thread.
This kind of behavior could create havoc if somebody were trying to conduct any
sort of business using a credit card number using konqueror. I have stopped
using konqueror at this point. Netscape on LINUX is not fully functional and
mozilla is totally hosed on 7.3 and will not come up at all, and all that leaves
This report is a duplicate of Bug 62196, which doesn't misbehave anymore in
Limbo. This issue may also be Bug 64236 which is also confirmed resolved in
In any case please close this report as DUPLICATE, and encourage Red Hat to
issue an errata package for Red Hat 7.3.