Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 64928
Konqueror for 7.3 can't delete machines, and other random bugs...
Last modified: 2005-10-31 17:00:50 EST
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to
login as chatak
2. try to delete a system.
Takes you right back to the same page.
System gets deleted.
Also clicking on login in the upper left does nothing in konqueror.
Welcome to the party, pal.
It's our contention that this is a (major) Konqueror 3.0 bug. We've got a
workaround in the pipe that will redirect users logging in to RHN via Konqueror
3.0 to a "so sorry, please use another browser" page.
I add the body of the text from Chip's email to Bero on the subject:
We're seeing a serious problem in Konqueror 3.0, to the point of making RHN
unusable. It has to do with caching of page results intermixing with
redirects. You can reproduce it by doing the following:
1. Log into RHN (https://rhn.redhat.com/)
2. Click system list, pick a system. Bookmark the detail page of that system.
3. Log out.
4. Click on the bookmark, log in.
5. Click system list, select the same system again.
6. Click the modify button. You get an internal server error.
You can verify this with tcpdump, but what is happening is that konq is
resubmitting the very old formvars from the login page onto this page. This is,
of course, very broken. Frequently it mis-submits form variables as well,
sending none when it should send something.
1. Click on a system in the system list.
2. Change its entitlements, click "Modify"
3. The change worked. You're brought back to the same page.
4. Change entitlement again, click "Modify" again.
5. Change did not work; it submitted the same formvars as the first time.
Has this been reported? It's pretty much making RHN unusable. No other browser
exhibits these issues. We can try workarounds, if need be; it's causing us a
huge number of tracebacks.
This bug is a duplicate of Bug 64236.
Based upon email@example.com's description, could this be somehow related to Bug 62196?
Possibly related to 62196... Though I can't reproduce that one with the
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 64236 ***