Description of problem:
When installing with IPv6 static address the default gateway is not configured
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 15 Alpha TC2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install F15 from a HTTP repository
2. On the Network UI I configure both IPv4 and IPv6 static addresses. I enter a IPv6 default gateway
3. Reboot to newly installed system.
IPv6 default gateway is not configured. I can not ping6 an address outside the local network. The command 'ip -6 show route' only gives the network interface as the default gateway not the IPv6 address that I gave during the installation process
The IPv6 address for the default gateway should be configured as given during the installation process, so I can reach a IPv6 address outside the local network.
The IPv6 default gateway does not appear in the '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1' file.
There are more issues:
- NM doesn't handle IPV6_DEFAULTGW, this is fixed in master, not sure if the fix gets into F15 (see bug #604334)
- kickstart --gateway option has been broken for ipv6 recently, I sent a patch
with fix to a-d-l
- boot option gateway didn't support ipv6 addresses, patch for this is on a-d-l too
It would be nice to have IPv6 support complete in F15.
This should be fixed in anaconda-15.23-1.
Discussed at 2011-03-11 blocker review meeting, agreed accepted nice-to-have, fixing IPv6 is always a good goal.
anaconda-15.26-1.fc15 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 15.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 15 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing anaconda-15.26-1.fc15'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
anaconda-15.26-1.fc15 has been pushed to the Fedora 15 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.