+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #845550 +++
Description of problem:
Connecting to a VM using remote-viewer and spice and later disabling and then reenabling automatic window resize results in window being rather small.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to a running VM (it doesn't necesarilly have to run vdagent)
2. Disable auto resize (view -> Automatically resize) (it should be enabled by default)
3. Enable auto resize
Window gets resized, and it's rather small, VM has to be scaled
Size of the window shouldn't change (or it should be 1:1 with VM resolution), definitely not tiny
Happens also in RHEL 6.3
Tested just with windows guests
sent a propose fix to the ML
(In reply to comment #3)
> sent a propose fix to the ML
Can you provide a link to the mail archives?
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > sent a propose fix to the ML
> Can you provide a link to the mail archives?
I can reproduce this issue with:virt-viewer-0.5.2-9.el6.x86_64
1. Connect to a running spice VM(it doesn't necesarilly have to run vdagent)
2. Use virt-viewer and remote-viewer to launch the guest.
3. Disable auto resize (view -> Automatically resize) (it should be enabled by default)
4. Enable auto resize,the size of the window doesn't change.
So change the bug to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
*** Bug 817206 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***