Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 868903
GUI freezes if repartitioning is attempted
Last modified: 2013-03-12 10:26:23 EDT
Created attachment 631459 [details]
Description of problem:
I have found another bug which might be related to bug 864926. This time GUI freezes after selection of automatic partitioning, reclaiming all space by deleting previous partitions and attempt to change the partitioning again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select automatic partitioning on a system with previous Fedora install
2. Don't tick 'I don't need help...'
3. Click on Reclaim space button
4. Delete all existing partitions, reclaim space
5. Don't tick 'Let me customize partitions...' and continue
6. In the main menu, select the partitioning again
7. Click Continue button in the next screen
GUI freezes after second attempt of partitioning disk.
GUI should not freeze
Created attachment 631460 [details]
Created attachment 631463 [details]
Created attachment 631464 [details]
Created attachment 631465 [details]
Created attachment 631466 [details]
Looks like the proper dialog is being displayed, but is not popping up to the front for some reason. It could be non-modal, or set to appear below, or perhaps there is a threading problem.
Ah, I see it now. Mailing out a patch shortly.
In my case, i reproduced it in a similar way:
The guest has 3 disks. All of them have preexisting partitions.
0. Enter STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION
1. Select the third disks, AUTOMATIC PARTITIONING, just 'reclaim space'
2. Set the ACTION field of each partition (SWAP, SW RAID) to DELETE and 'reclaim space'
3. In the next INSTALLATION OPTIONS (which is pretty strange, since i expected it to go back to the MAIN HUB, since i already given the directives to AUTOMATIC PARTITIONING). So, just press 'Continue'
4. Enter STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION again.
5. Select the second disks (and deselect the previously selected third disk), AUTOMATIC PARTITIONING
6. Set the ACTION field of each partition (SWAP, SW RAID) to DELETE
7. In the next INSTALLATION OPTIONS just press 'Continue' (See comment in 3.)
8. Enter STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION again.
6. Select third disk again, and press Continue', Anaconda gets STUCK.
At this point, pressing ESC frees anaconda. However, changing the disks selected does not change the outcome. Every time 'continue' is pressed, anaconda gets stuck.
I also tried updates image from 864128 (comment #17) but it was the same.
> I also tried updates image from 864128 (comment #17) but it was the same.
Right, if you read what I said in that comment, I explicitly stated that updates image would do nothing for the underlying cause. All I'm after with that updates image is whether or not the delete confirmation dialog gets destroyed properly.
This bug looks to have been fixed for many anaconda builds now but missed being closed. If you find you are still experiencing it with Fedora 18 Beta (RC1) or later, please re-open the bug.
(please note clumens' comment in #9, this is about the display of the dialog.)