Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 894396
PRD32 - [RFE] Spice native usb live migration support in win client
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:21:06 EST
qemu + spice-server in 6.4 now support live migration together with spice's native USB redirection. Spice's native USB redirection is already support in RHEV-M, bit when it is used live migration is disabled for the vm.
For RHEV-M 3.2 this means that:
1) Live migration should be allowed for vm-s using Spice's native usb redirection when both the source and target hosts are rhel 6.4 based *and* seamless migration (*) is enabled.
2) When creating a new vm on a 6.4 based RHEV-H, RHEV-M should default to native usb and must no longer warn that using native usb will break live migration
3) We should seriously consider to simply not allow using the old usb support when creating a new vm on a 6.4 based RHEV-H
Components involved from the spice side:
*) Note that live-migration with native usb redirection is possible without seamless migration too, but then any redirected usb devices will be disconnected from the guest upon migration.
ad 2) see BZ 889551
ad 3) - is that in works as well? Any tentative target date? We'd be happy to get rid of legacy USB.
This bug is currently attached to errata RHEA-2013:14491. If this change is not to be documented in the text for this errata please either remove it from the errata, set the requires_doc_text flag to minus (-), or leave a "Doc Text" value of "--no tech note required" if you do not have permission to alter the flag.
Otherwise to aid in the development of relevant and accurate release documentation, please fill out the "Doc Text" field above with these four (4) pieces of information:
* Cause: What actions or circumstances cause this bug to present.
* Consequence: What happens when the bug presents.
* Fix: What was done to fix the bug.
* Result: What now happens when the actions or circumstances above occur. (NB: this is not the same as 'the bug doesn't present anymore')
Once filled out, please set the "Doc Type" field to the appropriate value for the type of change made and submit your edits to the bug.
For further details on the Cause, Consequence, Fix, Result format please refer to:
Thanks in advance.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.