_libguestfs_ rebased to version 1.32.7
The _libguestfs_ packages have been upgraded to upstream version 1.32.6, which provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Notable changes include the following:
* The *virt-get-kernel* utility has been added, which can be used to extract the kernel and initial RAM file system (initramfs) from a disk image file. For details, see the virt-get-kernel(1) man page.
* The "virt-dib" utility has been added. Its capabilities include building disk image files and ramdisks. For more information, see the virt-dib(1) man page.
* Multiple options have been added for the *virt-customize*, *virt-builder*, and *virt-systprep* utilities.
Description of problem:
It looks like libguestfs in RHEL 7.2 will carry ~ 200 patches.
libguestfs upstream maintains a very strong commitment to backwards
compatibility. We have never broken the C API, and (apart from
one notorious occasion with virt-inspector that happened a long
time ago) never break backwards compat for command line tools either.
Therefore it makes sense to rebase libguestfs in RHEL 7.3.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Probably libguestfs 1.30
The plan is to rebase along the development (1.31) branch for the
next few months, and then some time late this year made a stable
release upstream (1.32) and finally rebase to that. RHEL 7.3 will
therefore contain libguestfs 1.32.xx.
A RHEL 7.3 candidate build is available here, ready for initial testing:
The upstream 'rhel-7.3' branch contains the exploded patches:
- We are no longer running the tests during the build (except for
a basic sanity check of qemu/kernel/libvirt/appliance). The
intention is that we will run the tests on the package after it
has built. See this email for how to do that:
- There are two new tools:
* virt-dib [this is broken in the current build, will be fixed shortly]
- There are two new subpackages:
* libguestfs-inspect-icons (bug 1194158)
- A summary of all new features in libguestfs 1.30 vs 1.28 can be found here:
Updated build with installable virt-dib subpackage:
Verified with the package:
Automation test result:
Rebase bug for RHEL 7.4: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1359086
Could a centos based build be provided for upstream testing?
That's up to CentOS. However the preview packages that I am
publishing should work on top of CentOS 7.2:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.