From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510
Description of problem:
If running screen inside x11-based terminal, nothing gets from screen
to terminals backscroll buffer.
I can't really explain this but here's how to reproduce:
1) run xterm/kterm/wterm/rxvt with scrollbuffer
2) run screen
3) run something that produces many lines of text (ps, ls)
4) nothing gets to terminals scroll buffer (terminals sidebar doesn't
grow or shift-pgup/pgdn doesn't work)
Same without running screen: works perfectly.
1) run xterm/any other terminal
2) run ps for example <-- this is added to scroll buffer.
3) run screen
4) run ls for example <-- this is not added to scroll buffer.
5) so now scrolling buffer up will print output of 'ps' that was run
earlier, not ls as it should.
1) now in console, without X. Login.
2) run screen
3) run ls or something that produces many lines
4) scrolling up/down with shift-pgup/pgdn works fine.
With FC1 everything worked fine.
I'm not sure if this is screen related, i've tried to downgrade
following packages back to fc1: screen, bash, termcap, libtermcap with
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
described in description.
Actual Results: I didn't see anything in scroll buffer :)
Expected Results: I should have seen scroll buffer :)
Explained in description.
Seems this is screen feature, not a bug, closing.
Uncommenting these lines in screenrc was the solution.
# Do not use xterms alternate window buffer.
# This one would not add lines to the scrollback buffer.
#termcap xterm|xterms|xs ti=\E7\E[?47l
#terminfo xterm|xterms|xs ti=\E7\E[?47l
*** Bug 492729 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 646909 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***