I did not see anything in the logs which would indicate permissions are not seeding properly. Consider the following:
* Have they cleared their browser cache? Does this problem still exist when using an incognito browser?
* Are there any errors on the browser side that can be posted here
* Is their high network latency between ES and Kibana which could be causing issues 
* Can you ask them to log in again and dump the permissions within 60s 
Any latency may require them to bump the request timeout  which we patched into Kibana 5 with 
Try the following:
1. rsh into one of the ES pods
2. change to the $HOME/sgconfig dir which should be a child to the one in which you are initially placed
3. Edit the sg_action_group.yaml file and add SEARCH to this group 
4. Run 'es_seed_acl' - this will reseed the permissions
Note this is a work around and only temporary. If any of the pods are restarted, you will need to re-execute these steps.
Also note the permission script from c#3 is only useful when run within 60s of the initial failure. Permissions are expired after that time.
I am unable to reproduce locally. Can you provide the all the steps interacting with Kibana? (e.g. log in, click discover, execute search, etc0
I dont see any response to my request for:
> Try the following:
> 1. rsh into one of the ES pods
> 2. change to the $HOME/sgconfig dir which should be a child to the one in
> which you are initially placed
> 3. Edit the sg_action_group.yaml file and add SEARCH to this group 
> 4. Run 'es_seed_acl' - this will reseed the permissions
> Note this is a work around and only temporary. If any of the pods are
> restarted, you will need to re-execute these steps.
> Also note the permission script from c#3 is only useful when run within 60s
> of the initial failure. Permissions are expired after that time.
*** Bug 1705026 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Couldn't reproduce this bug. Move to verified as regression testing pass.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
The needinfo request[s] on this closed bug have been removed as they have been unresolved for 1000 days