This bug was initially created as a copy of Bug #2009345
I am copying this bug because: Backporting
Description of problem:
For some sets of users not able to load the Overview page and it displays a white screen after entering their credentials.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- This issue is only for some sets of users.
- They tried in an incognito window, and a different browser, even tried remotely where other users are able to connect with their account.
- The account is having the same set of roles as other users.
- But when they try by going to a different URL(appending like this https://console-openshift-console.apps.sharedocp4upi46.lab.rdu2.cee.redhat.com/k8s/cluster/projects) for the cluster and then coming back to the Overview page it works.
- They deleted the account and the identity and after they logged in again it started working without any issue.
Steps to Reproduce:
The overview page displays a white screen.
The overview page from the console should be loaded as soon as entering credentials.
As mentioned here https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2009345#c24, this bug only exists on 4.7 and 4.8.
I verified this change on a cluster with 4.10.5 and tested to create, reload and deploy an app in a namespace with just numbers. Works fine.
(Yes, this bugfix is already included in 4.10.5 https://amd64.ocp.releases.ci.openshift.org/releasestream/4-stable/release/4.10.5 )
Mark this issue as verified to backport this change now to 4.10, and then back to 4.9, 4.8 and 4.7.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.5 bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.