Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 478821
Firstboot Problems rl5
Last modified: 2009-06-13 15:16:52 EDT
Created attachment 328187 [details]
Description of problem: Will not go to firstboot(5) if only DE\WM installed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Fresh Install from F10-DVD (i386),
Check LXDE only in Desktop, Base, X etc.. to suit.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Reboot when asked
Actual results: rl3 firstboot screen?
Expected results: rl5 firstboot screen
had to do the following tweaks: check attached test
(is there an easier way)
Sorry Frank, I don't really understand what you are talking about. You are complaining that
1. the machine won't go into runlevel 5 after installation by default
2. firstboot is not run after installation
3. SLiM is not started automatically
4. LXDE does not start without configuring /etc/sysconfig/desktop previously.
Did I understand that correctly?
All these will be fixed in the LXDE-Spin I'm working on , but there is not much I can do in lxde-common because the package does not own the relevant files:
1. needs to be fixed in anaconda, because anaconda writes the inittab.
2. caused by 1.
3. needs to be fixed in initscripts, because they own etc/X11/prefdm.
4. LXDE should not be made default, but it should be detected and run automatically. Editing /etc/X11/xinit is strictly forbidden because everybody will get LXDE then. Your edit also prevents /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients from being executed.
The proper way is to add /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/Xclients.lxde.sh as described in bug #142260. Also affects Xfce and _all_ other desktops/window-managers except of Gnome and KDE, because ATM none use /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/.
P. S.: I know http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Fedora, because I wrote that page. ;)
You pretty much got it covered.
Look forward to the spin.
Ok then. I will add /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/Xclients.lxde.sh in the next release of lxde-common.
I will also ask for support of SLiM in the initscripts and eventually in anaconda. I'm going to cc you to the bugs I open. Thanks a lot for your comments so far.
*** Bug 485738 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Ok, all outstanding bugs are fixed and I've just made SLiM default in comps, so this should not happen any longer.