Spec URL: http://benboeckel.net/packaging/trac-accountmanager-plugin/trac-accountmanager-plugin.spec
SRPM URL: http://benboeckel.net/packaging/trac-accountmanager-plugin/trac-accountmanager-plugin-0.2.1-0.1.20090522svn5836.fc11.src.rpm
This Trac plugin allows users to create and manage an account
on a Trac instance.
% rpmlint trac-accountmanager-plugin-*.rpm
2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 0 warnings.
*** Bug 518046 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I'll review this one since I had a look at an earlier submission (Bug #494219) and when the submitter of that one lost interest I had a go at packaging it myself (Bug #518046). There may be some mileage in merging our efforts actually.
* shouldn't the tarball name have _r5836 rather than _r0?
* is the git-core dependency a remnant of starting with the spec file for the git plugin, or is there some actual reason for having it?
* the package description could list a few extra features such as allowing users to change their passwords
* the setuptools regression mentioned in the comments has been fixed in F-11 so that comment could be removed
* there is a patch available in svn trunk for http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/4125 (it's in my package from Bug #518046).
* please include sessionstore_convert.py script (see http://email@example.com/msg03696.html)
* it's safe to use --skip-build as EPEL-4 doesn't have trac >= 0.11 so there's not likely to be an EL-4 branch of this package
* the noarch/sitelib comment from the python spec file template can be dropped I think
I'll merge out spec files this week. Patches, description, and cleaning useless comments.
And the git BR is due to starting from the git plugin ;) . It'll be gone next round.
Fixed up the spec, merging with yours to fix things.
The tarball in the SRPM is missing a bunch of stuff - seems you still have a broken setuptools/subversion still?
One of the missing items is the sessionstore_convert.py script, so you shouldn't need a separate source item for that. The templates directory is also missing.
There are still a couple of comments left over from the template (sitelib at the top, and again in the %files list).
Oops, forgot to do the gz->bz2 from using your script. Now it's using the correct tarball.
trac-accountmanager-plugin.src: W: strange-permission pull-from-svn.sh 0775
2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 1 warnings
- package name OK and matches other trac plugins in distribution
- spec file name OK
- package meets guidelines
- license OK and matches upstream
- no detached license file
- spec file written in English and is legible
- no upstream tarball to compare sources with, but pull-from-svn script
- package builds in mock for F-11 and Rawhide; package not appropriate for
F-10 due to trac >= 11.0 requirement
- buildreqs OK
- no locale data, subpackages, libraries, devel files, or scriplets to worry about
- package not intended to be relocatable
- no duplicate files or directory ownership issues
- %defattr and %clean present and correct
- macro usage is consistent
- code, not content
- no large docs
- docs don't affect runtime
- not a GUI app, no desktop file needed
- all filenames are ASCII
- package functions as expected
(see http://www.city-fan.org/tips/TracWithFastCGIonFedora for example setup)
- no file dependencies
No issues there then.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: trac-accountmanager-plugin
Short Description: Trac plugin for account registration and management
Owners: mathstuf pghmcfc
Built for Rawhide and F-11. Closing
trac-accountmanager-plugin-0.2.1-0.3.20090522svn5836.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
trac-accountmanager-plugin-0.2.1-0.3.20090522svn5836.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
Package Change Request
Package Name: trac-accountmanager-plugin
New Branches: el6
Ben's not interested in maintaining this in EPEL at the moment (though of course he's welcome as co-maintainer at a later date if he wishes)
Git done (by process-git-requests).