Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 91958
RFE: GNU aspell-nl version instead of the current one
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:54:10 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030509
Description of problem:
The Dutch aspell dictionary as distributed by Red Hat appears not to be the same
as the one that is available on the GNU aspell dictionary list site :
The maintainer of the GNU version of the aspell dictionary has the following to
say about this particular version :
"The word list has been compiled from a number of sources:
1. The list used in the aspell-nl-0.1.rpm package. The main reason
I decided to build the present package is that I could not find
a tarball distribution of this rpm and that some ``exceptions''
from the official lists seemed to be missing.
2. The lists in the official announcement (1996) about spelling
3. The list by Piet Tutelaers available on
Would it be a good idea to use the GNU version of aspell-nl instead?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. - Checkout Red Hat Linux 9 or current (30 may 2003) Rawhide.
2. - Checkout GNU Aspell Dictionaries
1. - See that "aspell-nl-0.1-17" is in Red Hat.
2. - See that "aspell-nl-0.50-2.tar.bz2" exists.
Maybe Red Hat should sync with GNU Aspell Dictionaries?
updated to 0.50 series with the aspell upgrade