Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 376231
Fedora 8 installation fails when language is set to Romanian
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:21 EST
Description of problem:
Fedora 8 installation fails when language is set to Romanian.
Crash occurs after the "Preparing installation from source" phase - the error
message is pretty long and cryptic, but seems Unicode encoding-related.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Begin a standard Fedora 8 install from the official DVD, in text mode.
2. Choose Romanian as installation language.
3. Choose Romanian (ro_win) as keyboard.
4. Note that anaconda crashes after the "Preparing installation from source" phase.
5. Repeat installation using English settings, in the same conditions - the
installation will perform normally.
Anaconda crashes when language is set to Romanian.
Installation should perform normally.
Please note that there is an important issue about Romanian language settings:
see bug #353721 , bug #337271.
Please attach the exception report to this bug.
Please see attached file for the strace created by anaconda.
Created attachment 260211 [details]
Error report automatically generated by anaconda
*** Bug 390831 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This will be fixed in the next build of anaconda. Thanks for the bug report.
*** Bug 375291 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 398721 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***