Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107393
Specspo update needed
Last modified: 2014-06-18 04:21:25 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030703
Description of problem:
There are several packages in the current FC test 3 whose descriptions don't
appear in the specspo po files. Dovecot, freeradius, fribidi, and gob2 are a
few examples. Isn't it high time for these to get in specspo, so they can be
translated in time for FC 1?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
specspo-9.0.92-1 and/or CVS C.po 1.224
Steps to Reproduce:
1. E.g. env sv_SE rpm -qi dovecot
*** Bug 109742 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 121088 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 79391 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 79478 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 79618 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 102055 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 127191 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Bernd, Miloslav - why isn't the specspo package updated?! You're
marking couples of bugs as duplicate, but nothing happens. Where does
it hang exactly? Are translators needed? I would like to get an exact
status about it. Thank you...
the problem was that the entire specspo process, as it was, was
broken. We are currently setting up a new process. The specspo
strings, as is, should now contain entries for the specs of all
current packages. This update, however, came to late to have an effect
on the specspo package itself, and it was a one-off thing. We are
currently trying to figure out how to make the updates more
incremental, and how to ensure the specspo package will always contain
the newest strings and translations. FC3, unfortunately, will have to
live without an update. Our apologies for not getting to this sooner.
Fedora Core 2 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for
security updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please
reopen and reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a
security issue and hasn't been resolved in the current FC3 updates or
in the FC4 test release, reopen and change the version to match.
Could somebody please reasign the problem to Fedora Core devel? This problem
exists further on...I'm not allowed to change these options.
-> fc devel as per comment #11
There was an update of specspo around the time FC3 was released. According to
comment 9 this may have been a one-off thing while waiting for a permanent solution.
It seems we are still waiting for the permanent solution. While doing that, it
would be nice if the updates done after FC3 could be included in FC4. The test
releases so far have still had the old RH9 spcespo. Even if it is not possible
to have a real FC4 version for the release of FC4, it would be better to have an
FC3 version than an RH9 version. It is at least closer.
Would it be possible to include the most recent specspo data in FC4? Even if it
isn't completely up-to-date?
Specspo (split into two modules, summary and desc) is updated daily now, and the
existing translations have been merged just last week, which means we can
include the current translations into the package now.
Thanks. I am closing this bug report then
Wouldn't "CURRENTRELEASE" mean FC4? It wasn't fixed in FC4. Accoring to
comment 15 it seems there are chances it will work in FC5.
Oh, well, as long as it is fixed ...