Bug 734283 - Message showing in English
Message showing in English
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: anaconda (Show other bugs)
16
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Anaconda Maintenance Team
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
: Reopened
: 734278 734279 734280 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-08-29 21:07 EDT by Hedda Peters
Modified: 2013-02-13 19:52 EST (History)
9 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-02-13 19:52:32 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Hedda Peters 2011-08-29 21:07:39 EDT
Description of problem:
The following message appears in English, although it has been translated into German in the corresponding anaconda_f16-branch_de.po-file::

++++++
"_Install boot loader on %s."
+++++++

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- 

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. run Fedora-16-Nightly-20110828.10-x86_64-Live-desktop.iso from http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/f16-translation/
2. select install to harddrive
3. 
  
Actual results:
message untranslated

Expected results:
message translated

Additional info:
Comment 1 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:24:59 EDT
bug #734285
---
While going through anaconda (in Italian) a warning message appears saying:

This software is a pre-release version.

This message has a couple of English words in it.

(eg. Warning! Questo è un software pre-release)

(Grazie per aver scaricato la pre-release di of Fedora)
---

bug #734288
--
Selecting the device type: Specific storage devices and then next, some words
appear in English therefore is not fully translated:

Capacity

Device Options
---
Comment 2 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:25:09 EDT
*** Bug 734285 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:25:13 EDT
*** Bug 734288 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 4 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:25:58 EDT
bug #734293
--
The partitioning option you have selected will now be written to disk. Aaany
data on deleted or reformatted partitions will be lost.

The above message is still in English
--
Comment 5 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:26:06 EDT
*** Bug 734293 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 6 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:28:29 EDT
bug #734279
--
++++++
Use LVM
+++++++

bug #734278
--
++++++
We could not detect partitions or filesystems on this device. This could be
because the device is blank, unpartitioned, or virtual. If not, there may be
data on the device that can not be recovered if you use it in this
installation. We can remove the device from this installation to protect the
data.\n"
"\n"
"Are you sure this device does not contain valuable data?
+++++++
---

bug #734280
---
The following message appears in English, although it has been translated into
German in the corresponding anaconda_f16-branch_de.po-file::

++++++
The partitioning options you have selected will now be written to disk.  Any"
" data on deleted or reformatted partitions will be lost."
+++++++
Comment 7 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:30:01 EDT
*** Bug 734280 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:30:05 EDT
*** Bug 734279 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 9 A S Alam 2011-08-30 02:30:11 EDT
*** Bug 734278 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 10 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 03:33:09 EDT
(In reply to comment #1)
> While going through anaconda (in Italian) a warning message appears saying:
> 
> This software is a pre-release version.
> 
> This message has a couple of English words in it.
> 
> (eg. Warning! Questo è un software pre-release)
> 
> (Grazie per aver scaricato la pre-release di of Fedora)
> ---

That's how it is translated in the .mo file:
"Warning! Questo è un software in pre-release!\n"
"\n"
"Grazie per aver scaricato la pre-release di of %(productName)s.\n"
"\n"
Comment 11 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 03:40:56 EDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> bug #734293
> --
> The partitioning option you have selected will now be written to disk. Aaany
> data on deleted or reformatted partitions will be lost.
> 
> The above message is still in English
> --

This is missing from the de/ anaconda.mo file, but is presented in others (e.g. cs/). You need to wait for the transifex updates to propagate to the compose.
Comment 12 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 03:43:59 EDT
(In reply to comment #6)
> bug #734279
> --
> ++++++
> Use LVM
> +++++++

Missing from de/ anaconda.mo, yet present in others.
Comment 13 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 04:00:40 EDT
> ++++++
> We could not detect partitions or filesystems on this device. This could be
> because the device is blank, unpartitioned, or virtual. If not, there may be
> data on the device that can not be recovered if you use it in this
> installation. We can remove the device from this installation to protect the
> data.\n"
> "\n"
> "Are you sure this device does not contain valuable data?
> +++++++

This string has been changed recently and is missing from the .mo files (though I can already see in transifex it has been translated). Note that there is one other similar string like this.
Comment 14 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 04:06:45 EDT
(In reply to comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> The following message appears in English, although it has been translated into
> German in the corresponding anaconda_f16-branch_de.po-file::
> 
> ++++++
> "_Install boot loader on %s."
> +++++++

I currently don't see this translated in the German .mo file yet it is translated in others.
Comment 15 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 04:08:45 EDT
All in all: everything should be fixed with a later build of Anaconda. Please wait for it and then reopen as necessary with details about in what language you are seeing the translation missing.
Comment 16 Sweta Kothari 2011-08-30 08:38:29 EDT
For gu_IN, Following are translation related issues:[fedora 16]

1)Timezone window:-There are some city names still appear in english.

2)Partion Window:- popup window "The Partitioning options you have selected will now be written to disk. Any data on deleted or reformatted partitons will be lost."--This description is in english.

3)Next screen of partition--"Install boot loader on /dev/sda."--This string is also in english.
Comment 17 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-30 09:40:48 EDT
(In reply to comment #16)
> For gu_IN, Following are translation related issues:[fedora 16]
> 
> 1)Timezone window:-There are some city names still appear in english.

If some appear in English and some appear translated then this is because the timezone translation is not complete in system-config-date.

> 2)Partion Window:- popup window "The Partitioning options you have selected
> will now be written to disk. Any data on deleted or reformatted partitons will
> be lost."--This description is in english.

Please see comment 11.

> 3)Next screen of partition--"Install boot loader on /dev/sda."--This string is
> also in english.

Please see comment 14.

Overall this reduces to comment 15.
Comment 18 Noriko Mizumoto 2011-08-30 20:53:15 EDT
(In reply to comment #15)
> All in all: everything should be fixed with a later build of Anaconda. Please
> wait for it and then reopen as necessary with details about in what language
> you are seeing the translation missing.

These bugs are the result of recent F16 L10N Desktop test held on 2011-08-30.
Translation deadline is 2011-09-06.

The following bugs have been detected specifically in German. All strings have been translated in Transifex. Can they be reopened now?
The build used for the test is;
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/f16-translation/
Fedora-16-Nightly-20110828.10-x86_64-Live-desktop.iso

bug #734279 - pls advise if this can be reopened
bug #734278 - pls advise if this can be reopened
bug #734280 - pls advise if this can be reopened
bug #734283 - reopened

The following bugs have now been re-assigned to Italian team.
bug #734285 - reassigned
bug #734288 - reassigned
bug #734293 - reassigned
Comment 19 Noriko Mizumoto 2011-08-30 21:09:44 EDT
(In reply to comment #17)
> (In reply to comment #16)
> > For gu_IN, Following are translation related issues:[fedora 16]
> > 
> > 1)Timezone window:-There are some city names still appear in english.
> 
> If some appear in English and some appear translated then this is because the
> timezone translation is not complete in system-config-date.

Bug #734628 has now been filed.

> 
> > 2)Partion Window:- popup window "The Partitioning options you have selected
> > will now be written to disk. Any data on deleted or reformatted partitons will
> > be lost."--This description is in english.
> 
> Please see comment 11.

Sweta, can you check if your team is working on f16-branch instead master?

> 
> > 3)Next screen of partition--"Install boot loader on /dev/sda."--This string is
> > also in english.
> 
> Please see comment 14.

Currently, this bug can be seen in de and gu-IN.
Comment 20 Ales Kozumplik 2011-08-31 01:48:12 EDT
Please retest with anaconda-16.17-1.
Comment 21 Fedora End Of Life 2013-01-16 17:19:14 EST
This message is a reminder that Fedora 16 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 16. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora 
'version' of '16'.

Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version' 
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 16's end of life.

Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that 
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 16 is end of life. If you 
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it 
against a later version of Fedora, you are encouraged to click on 
"Clone This Bug" and open it against that version of Fedora.

Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's 
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a 
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes 
bugs or makes them obsolete.

The process we are following is described here: 
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping
Comment 22 Fedora End Of Life 2013-02-13 19:52:37 EST
Fedora 16 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2013-02-12. Fedora 16 is 
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further 
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.

If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of 
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.

Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.